Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I remember a film society at school where they got hold of various obscure films, the only one of which I remember consisted largely of documentary footage at concentration camps during the Second World War.

I remember bumping into Wee Willie Harris on the train on his way home from filming - some sort of promotional work. I used to know his wife.

I remember going to watch Dennis Waterman's Showbiz 11 play football. One of only two or three football matches I have ever seen in my life. Francoise Pascal kicked off.

I remember the Monty Python team brought out an LP (Matching Tie and Handkerchief) which on one side had - though they didn't announce it - two grooves, so which track you heard depended on where the needle landed.

I remember the production of King Lear we did at Tiffins, when the cast (ie two of the three sisters) included the daughters of both Dorothy Tutin and Paul Daneman.

I remember being one of the last few up on the last night of an OU summer school (the other two were girls). It was about an hour before breakfast. And we made it to the final morning's classes. I think I even made it to breakfast.

I remember "dost thou think just because thou art virtuous, there'll be no cakes and ale". Or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home