Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I remember my first remote - you had to plug it into the VCR!

I remember Fannie and Johnnie Craddock.

I remember baking powder submarines and divers.

I remember Look and Learn, a weekly comic for grammar school boys.

I remember Ernie Reid, who gave us a guided tour of Chichester Cathedral.

I remember Henry Cooper knocking down Cassius Clay.

I remember radio valves.

I remember Torchy the Battery Boy and Four Feather Falls. They were among the first "Supermarionation" programmes.

I remember a second-hand shop in Bognor Regis called The Barons.

I remember Shergar going missing, as well as Lord Lucan. Probably a complete fallacy, yet to my mind they always seem connected.

I remember A for Andromeda, a superb BBC science fiction series starring a young Julie Christie, with whom I fell in love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home