Sunday, March 19, 2006

I remember that a queue always used to form outside the phone boxes at Golden Cap just before 6pm every day. That's when the cheap rate kicked in and no one had mobile phones those days. It's only in the past year or so that I have been able to get a signal at that location with my mobile.

I remember being told off by my Uncle Jim because of the way I had asked for lemonade. Either I was too rude or too selfish, I am not sure, but I always treated him with suspicion from that day until he died a week or so after retiring. Then I felt sorry for him.

I remember you used to be able to buy singles in Woolworths on the Embassy label. All top ten hits but performed by cover artists. And cheaper than the real thing.

I remember being able to fill the fuel tank of my Triumph Herald for about £1. Mind you I was working in a petrol station at the time so I might have been undercharged.

I remember being caught filling the distilled water bottle of that petrol station from the tap. And it was by a Jaguar owner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home