Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I remember walking up Golden Cap (highest point on South Coast, I believe) one year and Eliot complaining that his back was aching. I probably said words to the effect of "pull yourself together, you big girl's blouse", let him rest a moment and then amde him carry on. Imagine how great I felt a year or two later when he was diagnosed with scoliosis.

I remember Ronnie Wood buying Sir John Mills's home in Richmond so he could sleep in the same room as Hayley Mills.

I remember when the Hand in Hand, on the edge of Wimbledon Common, didn't have a spirit licence, and just sold beer and mead.

I remember The Persuaders - I still wear black driving gloves on the off-chance that they make me look a little like Tony Curtis.

I remember seeing Ian Dury and the Kilburns at the Nashville, shortly before he got his record contract. He was stunning, particularly on Nervous Piss, which I have never been able to find recorded.

I remember reciting the Lord's Prayer really fast with my friend during a family service, and thinking that we wouldn't be noticed. We got such a withering look from Mr Dibben, the Sunday School teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home