Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I remember the night the news broke that Ian Dury had died, I was working overnight on Teletext and put up as quote of the day for the next day a line from one of his songs: "All I want for my birthday is another birthday."

I remember changing the big ends on my Hillman Imp.

I remember all the words to I've Got You Under My Skin.

I remember knowing two girls from The Lady Eleanor Holles School. They were sisters and one of their names was Bryony. Very grand.

I remember discovering that my old schoolfriend and guitar partner Gareth blew the whistle on Nick Leeson, the "rogue trader". I heard it from Simon Windmill.

I remember dandelion and burdock, a popular fizzy drink.

I remember feeling guilty because my brother use to tease my sister and I knew he only did it because I used to teased him so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home