Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I remember taking a picture of Eliot, Maxine and myself as he set off from Heathrow for the New World. Unfortunately I was pointing the camera towards the security section and I get told off.

I remember Sid Shilling, who, whenever anyone in the office (Streatham, 266?) sneezed, and while others were saying “Bless you” would say: “Noise, please.” I continue this tradition.

I remember the late George Childs would always buy us (colleagues at Camberwell, Denmark Hill) a few bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau on the appropriate day in November.

I remember the Optic Wonder. Cheap, plastic but hours of fun.

I remember having to retake my Wolf Cubs art badge because the examiner wanted me to have more original material rather than copies. I had to go somewhere in Wimbledon. I imagine it’s easier to get an art A-Level nowadays.

I remember (visionary and probably inspirational primary school teacher) Mr O’Flaherty sitting outside his classroom with rarely less than one child on his knee. And the New Zealand teacher who would take her class out on the field for a picnic at the drop of a hat. Miss Sully?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home