Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I remember coming across Jeff Beck’s Nadia and thinking what a beautiful melody it was. Then I was in the bath one day listening to Chill and it came on being sung – virtually note for note the same as Jeff Beck. I managed to find the playlist for Chill online and was amazed to discover that in fact it was a Nitin Sawhney track. It is still beautiful, and I am still amazed at Jeff Beck’s ability to emulate note for note the sung tune on the guitar.

I remember seeing (because it was only this month) Judi Dench in A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Rose, Kingston, Mel C in Blood Brothers and Brian Conley and Micky Dolenz (yes, the Micky Dolenz!) in the last ever Shaftesbury Theatre production of Hairspray. What a month!

I remember Pinky and Perky. I had – and might still have – a 45rpm single of them singing The Ugly Duckling. My second favourite version of the song after Danny Kaye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home