Friday, March 12, 2010

I remember Stephen Collins. To be honest, I’m not sure he doesn’t spell his first name Steven and I’m not even 100% certain that Collins is his surname. The only reason I remember him is that his mum was in the next hospital bed to my mum when I was born. He was born the next day. My mum and his mum remained friends so we did meet when we were older, but I’m not sure if he went to my school or lived around Motspur Park or anything else about him. It’s all a bit obscure. But I definitely remember his birthday was always the day after mine.

I remember Paul James, a member of the school stage gang who was always making jokes. A bit older than me, he had a wealth of one-liners and bawdy songs up his sleeve and was a bit of a life and soul of the party sort of a guy. One thing I distinctly remember was that he would go down to the green room to call the orchestra and shout: ‘Can we have the band on stage please.’ They didn’t like being called the band, you see. It was v funny at the time. I only found out recently that he went into the ministry. Which is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home