Saturday, September 30, 2006

I remember, when I used to want a day off from school, I would twist the corner of my handkerchief into a point and stick it up my nose, tickling myself into a bout of sneezing. I would then tell my Mum that I felt really awful. Worked every time.

I remember using handkerchiefs instead of tissues.

I remember a song probably from the Sixties that I had/have on an old reel-to-reel tape that went "Said she'd be there/At Trafalgar Square". Despite extensive investigation, I have no idea who it was by or what it was called.

I remember Dave Kelly playing at the Ram Folk Club - or it might have been Sutton Folk Club - shortly after his sister Jo Ann had died. He began to play one of her songs in her memory, but only got about half way through the first verse and burst into tears, saying "It's too soon, too soon". So he started playing something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home