Monday, August 31, 2015

I remember Hannah Hornsby, the staff nurse in St George’s A&E Resus who looked after my dad when he was taken there by ambulance after his operation at Kingston. She did what she could, and on reflection I think maybe she knew his body was gradually shutting down, and she certainly realised he didn’t want a barrage of tests. He’d had enough.

I remember watching a man tuning his motorbike on the pavement next to the Chideock bridge bus stop using a laptop. I engaged him in conversation and discovered that you can get the little gadget that he had plugged into his engine for cars also. Forgot all about it until I saw the bike by the bus stop again this year.

I remember the entrance prices on the wall outside London Zoo in The Quatermass Xperiment: 2/- for adults, 1/3 for children. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home