Friday, July 31, 2015

I remember Pepsi Max and Curly Wurlies. I've kept a can of the former in the bottom of the fridge ever since Eliot went to the States, just in case he turns up at the door. (I do replace it now and again.) Now I keep a pack of Curly Wurlies in the fridge door in case Charlie pays me a visit.

I remember being in Brighton with Julian and not particularly wanting to go swimming with some girls we met. They may have been friends of Richard who we were probably visiting. Might not even have been Julian.

I remember Steve Lucas. But I don't remember why.

I remember visiting ????? (Alex's best friend - what was his name?) at university in Canterbury. I had my hair cut by a woman barber and someone set off the fire alarm at the college party we went to on the Saturday(?) night.

I remember driving around Lyndhurst one evening, presumably on our way back from the New Forest, looking for somewhere I could get beans on toast and a cup of tea. Did the same thing once coming through Exeter, driving back from Cornwall.

I remember inappropriate touching during a passionate kiss with Sue - not sure of her surname but she was the girlfriend of the brother of my girlfriend at the time - she stopped it and we never spoke about it again. We occasionally went out together as friends including I believe to see West Side Story at the cinema at the top of Sutton which is now nightclub. Sue Joins?

I remember Dad on his birthday last year saying, 'Next year I'll get a card from Australia,' and not expecting he would. Imagine my surprise...

I remember I used to take in loads of snacks - fruit, crisps, a fizzy drink - to the Mail Online because I was always falling asleep during the course of my late shift. Each one would keep me going for another hour or so. Don't need that any more.

I remember Bob Forsberg telling me they needed subs for the tablet edition downstairs on Metro.

I remember when Mr Cannon retired wishing him good luck anad saying, casually, 'I might bump into you in Nonsuch Park.' 'Why?' he replied, 'You haven't got a dog, have you?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home