Monday, September 30, 2013

I remember Mike Appleby, whose ashes we scattered on the beach at Seatown recently.

I remember the Anchor as it was in about 1991. Exactly the same as it was a couple of weeks ago when I spent a very pleasant Saturday afternoon and evening, either side of the scattering. Hope they don't refurbish it too much.

I remember hearing about Uncle Arthur being accidentally shot during a rifle-cleaning accident but not knowing until recently that his battalion was wiped out a few weeks later. So I'd never have met him anyway.

I remember my large home-made speakers. They were originally in big wooden cabinets and I think I might have taken one of them to a party at Marian's. Probably because I took one of them apart and built the actual speaker into the fireplace in my room. The chimney gave a good bass sound. When I moved into my own house my dad designed new cabinets for them and I added tweeters and they even moved houses with me. They were screwed into the wall just below ceiling height and were superb. I would invariably turn my amp up very loud, especially when listening to Aja by Steely Dan, which I would play if I wanted any visitors to experience my system's awesomeness. Steve Gadd's drumming as much as anything else was just phenomenal. The speakers might even still be on the wall, though I don't think anything is connected to them any more.

I remember going to a party at my cousin's with Gloria, who I had grown up with, and who despite being very attractive I always looked on more as a friend or sister, and my cousin's then husband making various lewd suggestions to which I just felt awkward and did nothing about.

I remember an evening at Ivy House during which I believe I had been drinking and put my hand up a certain person's skirt for some reason. Nothing serious. Just a joke - I believe it is called goosing. Everyone laughed including the certain person. But who knows - I could find myself up for assault if Operation Yewtree gets wind of it.

I remember seeing a cheap CD with Pete Seeger's name spelt wrong  on the cover. Seger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home