Friday, March 30, 2007

I remember the Pye record label.

I remember sub-manager Eric Swingler's response to Robert Wood when he told him he had been held up at gunpoint. (Robert was a bank cashier - I think this was at Brixton branch.) Eric apparently said: "Are you sure?"

I remember Rumbelows. It was a small chain of shops selling radios, televisions and records. I bought Donovan's boxed set A Gift From a Flower to a Garden at the one in Raynes Park.

I remember the flavour of Uncle Vic's home-grown tomatoes.

I remember spending an OU summer school week at Keele University and not being surprised that a survey had shown it was the worst university in the UK for suicides.

I remember Professor Jimmy Edwards. Can't recall whether he had a TV series or a film called Wacko but I know I had a game called Chislebury Capers, based on it. Perhaps the game was called Wacko and the series was called Chislebury Capers.

I remember "me casa, su casa". I don't know how it is spelled but it is an expression that was used in the TV series High Chapparal, which had more than its fair share of Spanish-speaking cast members. It was either Buck or Manolito that used it, and it meant "My house is your house" ie "Make yourself at home".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home