Thursday, July 21, 2011

I remember being rescued from an upturned dinghy a few hundred yards off the south coast.

I remember recording the Tiffin King Lear cast in a performance of the play at Beaconsfield. The cast included the daughters of Paul Daneman and Dorothy Tutin. We made them run around the grounds in the pouring rain to record the chase scene. And mixed it years and years later.

I remember St Osyth, the Sussex Club and Elmer Sands, and like to think I have carried on the tradition by sticking largely to Golden Cap and Chapel Amble.

I remember VJ 8055, Margorikki and the VW campervan.
I remember eating at the Key Cafe in Wimbledon, a place by Kingston bridge near a shop that sold latex, or on special occasions the Pot in Earls Court. On one very special occasion at a restaurant in Kensington Church Road. 

I remember on one birthday singing Bob Dylan’s Forever Young for you in the garden. 

I remember doing this all before. Happy 85th birthday, Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home