Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I remember my first car, a Triumph Herald, cost £55.

I remember an episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show where Dick bought Mary a grand piano for her birthday and didn’t know where to hide it. So he left it in the middle of the living room. She of course didn’t notice it.

I remember Carter’s Tested Seeds Factory which was demolished to build a council estate.

I remember owning a PVC jacket. Like my Afghan coat, it ended up rotting in the garage.

I remember owning a blue velvet suit. Actually, I still own it...

I remember going to Walton Civic Centre to pick up my final dustman’s wages and seeing them filming a sketch for Monty Python’s Flying Circus. I think it was about architects or accountants.

I remember having to drive through Puddletown to get to Bridport.

I remember being able to see out of train windows.

I remember getting Patrick Moore’s autograph at the Boys’ and Girls’ Exhibition at Earls Court. He was a young man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home